The Hare And The Tortoise, Part 2



Aesop's famous fable, The Hare And The Tortoise, and I'm quite sure that you completely know what I'm talking about. Well, here's one for you: The Hare And The Tortoise, Part 2. Now I guess many don't know about it right? Allow me to spin the sequel to the award winning fable.

One day, the hare was talking to himself.
"I wondered how did my grandfather lose to the tortoisae last time... Maybe, he was old and sick? But no, he was very young and active that time! So, it is IMPOSSIBLE my grandfather lost! The tortoise was very slow, and the hare's speed is incomparable to that of the stupid tortoise's! No no no no... He couldn't have lost! ......"

As he spoke, he became more and more infuriated, and he babbled on.

"It is impossible, no way my grandpa could have lost to him! Alright, to make things right, I'm going to settle this once and for all! "

And so, he went to look for the tortoise's grandson, Slow-tort. This hare, Speed-air, went to his house and banged on his door.

"Hey, Slow-tort! Come out! "
Slowly and soft-spoken, Slow-tort came out.
"Yes, Speed-air? What do you want? "
"Yea, remember the race between our grandpas? "
"Yes, my grandad Slower-tort won it. Why? "
"Thats now HISTORY! I'm challenging you to another race! Its you and me this time, and I'm gonna beat you flat! "
Steadily and sleepily, he answered.
"Oh, ok then. "
"We'll do it the simplest way! A race up this hill, straight up, no windings and turns! The first to reach, wins! "
"Oh, ok. "

It is a very high hill. The highest in the jungle, and its gradient increases as it goes. But a hare can easily outrun a tortoise with that location. Practically, there isn't even a glimpse of hope for the tortoise's victory. So, the hare gathered some other animals to be witnessess, and a straight route was marked all the way up the hill. So when the day came, the both were ready at the starting point.

In his heart, the hare told himself: This is the time. This is the chance to redeem the name of my family. I'm not going to repeat the mistake my grandfather did, I'm going to stay awake! I will beat him fair and square!

So, the judge gave the count.

"3...2...1...GO! "

VROOM!! The hare sped off with lightning speed. His limbs kicking to the nack as fast and energetic as he could. His eyes were focused on the apex of the hill, doing the best he could. All his muscles were working hard, and mind you, he was fast.

Halfway up the hill, the hare started to grow tired, hungry, and SLEEPY. So the hare said to himself: " I cannot fall asleep! Don't fall asleep! Go on! I'm almost there! "

No matter how tired he was, he continued with all his might. He ran and ran, shooting up to the finishing line. Just before the finishing line, he stopped down, and looked front. No, the tortoise wasn't there. He looked sideways, no, no sight of Slow-tort. He turned and look behind, but, he didn't see Slow-tort too.

So, where is Slow-tort.

Speed-air looked front again, and in front of him, stood Slow-tort!

Slow-tort won again!

"......!! Wha...! You..you.....won?????! You beat me?! Impossible!! How could it be!!! You didn't overtake me, I was ahead, you were no where to be seen! How did you win?!! "

"Well, of course I couldn't have overtook you. So, once the match started, I clung to your tail. Man, you ran fast! I was swung to the sides and was bumping up and down! I was so afraid that I would lose grip and fall! But upon reaching the finishing line, you stopped. There I caught a sigh of relief. But the best part was, the moment you turned around to see where I was, your tail flung me to the finishing line! So, thank you for making me a victor! "

"... ..."

0 wise teachings:

Post a Comment