Local Aqua-Eatery, Splendid FOOD! ^^




Its at Temerloh, Pahang.
Its pari fish.
Its cockles.
Its prawns.
Its sotong.
Its crab.
Its LOVELY.
And its bakared!

Lovely food!

Last night my friends and I went to Temerloh for dinner. So, we took the choice of ikan bakar at a famous hawker stall. As usual, the floors and the surrounding of a hawker stall is not as "demure" as classy restaurants. The chairs and tables were very old, made of cheap plastic. So we opted for an open air space and ordered our food. We had a big rayfish, squid, crab, prawns, and cockles. Besides that, we also ordered some bak kut teh and Hokkien noodles from the other stall, but that's not the main point. So we sat down, and chatted while waiting for the food. I reminisced the old times I had with my parents when we had this ikan bakar once in a blue moon, a priviledged dinner. It is still. Well, and the food came very fast! The first to reach was the cockles, and three home made sauces.

WOW!!!

The food was awesome! The cockles were so fresh, and the sauce was oh-so-tasty! Sour and spicy sauce, it went absolutely perfect with the cockles! We didn;t care about hygiene, we didn't care about looking good, but we just used our hands and figers to dig it open and ate Barbarian-style. We didn't notice the time when we were eating and the second dish came. It was the prawns!!

WOW!!!

The prawns were AWESOME!! That was my favourite dish among all! The prawns were BIG!! Measuring about 10-15 centimeters longitudinal each! I had around 7-8 of them and they were so so so so so so so GOOD!!! It as covered in dry sauce, with spices sprinkled all over it, and the flesh was, oh............sweet and fresh! It was crispy at the legs and the head was full of those orange like substances, NICE! Then, the rayfish came.

WOW!

The rayfish was perfectly cooked! Just cooked! Nothing overdone, and it was very fresh! It tasted so good even without the sauce! It was quite a big fish, but still, the 6 of us managed to finish it off! We tried dipping it into the sour sauce, and oh-my-God was what came out of our mouths! Exceptionally perfect! Then, the sotongs came.

WOW!!!

It was sour sotong with tastes of spicy here and there! It was juicy, and not overcooked! It was just perfect. If I'm not mistaken, I think I finished half the plate ( sorry, friends ^^ ). And the last to come was the crabs.

WOW!!!

They were HUGE!!! The crab meat was so soft and tender, so fresh and so sweet! It was baked to perfection, and none of the meat was hard. None! Oh my God, it was heavenly!

I didn't try the Hokkien noodles, bak kut teh, and the loh shee fun, but the feedback from my friends was, ITS SUPERBLY NICE!!! TRY SOME LAR! Well, the reason I didn't want to try it is, I want to whack more of those seafood!!! HAHA!!

Really, it was a meal that made it worth blogging. The food, the good and homely people, the slow life in Temerloh... Its not only about the meal, its about the experience.

Say we go again next year....?

Good food is what quenches the pangs, but overeating is what drenches the strength.

3 wise teachings:

  ♫ Summer Dream ♫

August 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM

wow !
enjoy lorr ^^
why go so far ?
didn't bring me also T_T

  Arliexzter Galliarno

August 2, 2009 at 4:47 AM

sure enjoy lar! haha^^ c'mon, u didn't ask me to bring u out, how am i gonna fetch u from kl???? hehe

  ♫ Summer Dream ♫

August 5, 2009 at 1:26 AM

u didn't tell me ...
how i know ??
haha!

Post a Comment