English and its bones.

Recently, I have come to realize the importance of writing and speaking correct English. Its just like every other thing, this has its reasons, too.

Well for the past year or so, I have been constantly corrected by my friend, Jacky, on matters of grammar and spelling. I tend to let him read my essays after I have penned it and he'll point out the errors I have made. Of course, I might feel a little depressed of how I err for those mistakes which I made are but simple ones. I want to converse in English, perfectly. That's one of my biggest goals in the field of English.

Why am I so obsessed with the language? Partly its because its the first language I learned, and also its because I will be studying all about it later on in the university. TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language ) will be the course I take and that's why I want to perfect my skills and bring them to a higher level.

Each time Jacky reminds me of the course that I'm taking, (and the fact that I will be a Teslian later on ) makes me want to upgrade my level of English more. I know I was better before this, but the lack of reading for these past months has really deteriorated my skills. I'm not as eloquent as I used to be, too.

I guess there's always a way to improve our language, and however uninterested I am in the political subterfuge in Malaysia, it seems that the best reading materials come from these news. The ups and downs of political parties, cheating leaders and such, these are very uninteresting pieces of news, but I will have to say, they provide the most useful information for our daily lives, social skills, and most importantly, our language.

I'm not writing any further, for my vocab and patience have their limits. With that, I wish all Malaysians a healthy reading lifestyle.

if there's nothing you can do about it, try doing nothing and let it come; for natural is the way of living

0 wise teachings:

Post a Comment